Redefined stability, completed.
Born from the continuous quest for improvement and backed by enso®–driven research and analytics, the new VENTUS TR family extends the lineup of one of the most trusted and best-selling wood shafts in Fujikura history.
Building on the industry leading stability platform of VeloCore Technology, each of the new VENTUS TR profiles incorporates an added layer of ultra–high modulus spread tow material to stiffen torque in the mid/handle section. Ongoing enso® analytics show that this section of the shaft takes on tremendous stress during the transition and downswing. Adding an incredibly strong and ultra–lightweight spread tow material to VENTUS TR stiffens torque in this specific section to reduce shaft twist and ovalization even further.
Fujikura is pioneering the design philosophy of targeting torque and torsional stiffness in specific sections of the shaft versus only focusing on the overall torque profile. A more advanced and detailed way of examining and understanding torque allows for uniquely tuned shaft designs that offer players performance benefits where they’re needed most.
Enhanced design elements, VeloCore Technology, and spread tow material integration work together in the VENTUS TR line to create the next level of VENTUS performance.
Premium Materials and Key Product Features:
VeloCore Technology – A multi-material bias core using full-length Pitch 70 Ton carbon fiber to create an incredibly stable platform.
Spread Tow Fabric – An ultra-high modulus and lightweight composite woven fabric used to increase stiffness and stability without adding excess weight.
- Spread tow increases the properties of the material used, leading to enhanced stiffness and strength.
- Spread tow reduces fabric “crimp” helping to eliminate areas where resin can accumulate, significantly reducing weight.
- Spread tow material integration in VENTUS TR helps not only increase torsional stiffness, but bending stiffness as well.
Launch and Spin
- VENTUS TR Red – mid–high launch/mid-low spin profile at a mid-low bend point
- VENTUS TR Blue – mid launch/low spin profile at a mid bend point
- VENTUS TR Black – low launch/low spin profile at a high bend point
VENTUS TR Red – The softest tip section of the three TR profiles helps promote a mid-high launch, ideal for today’s lower spinning metal woods. Spread tow fabric integration helps stiffen the mid/handle section and further increases stability during the transition and downswing.
VENTUS TR Blue – A powerful combination of stability and feel, TR Blue maintains an ultra–stiff tip section for superior control at impact. Increased torsional stiffness from the original VENTUS Blue via spread tow fabric integration creates a profile with enhanced load capabilities for more aggressive swings while still maintaining a smooth overall feel.
VENTUS TR Black – The stiffest VENTUS profile to date. Ultra–stiff tip and handle sections work in unison to support players with Tour–like speeds that prefer the feeling of minimal to no flex during the swing. As a shaft designed for players with a quick transition, spread tow fabric reinforces the mid/handle section even further from original VENTUS Black, holding up to even the most aggressive moves to the golf ball.
- VENTUS TR provides fitters and golfers feel and bend profiles similar to the original VENTUS product line with enhanced stiffness and reduced launch and spin characteristics.
- Each VENTUS TR model features stiffened torque in the mid/handle section of the shaft for added stability and reduction of shaft twist during the swing.
- Addition of spread tow fabric concentrated in a specific section helps stabilize the shaft during the transition and downswing.
- Spread tow fabric allows for incredible gains in stability without the addition of excess weight.
- Each VENTUS TR model is categorized as moderately stiffer than its original VENTUS counterpart (VENTUS TR Blue is stiffer than original VENTUS Blue, VENTUS TR Black is stiffer than original VENTUS Black, and VENTUS TR Red is stiffer than original VENTUS Red).
- From a fitting perspective, VENTUS TR Blue fits between original VENTUS Blue and original VENTUS Black in overall shaft profile and stiffness, but provides players a feel closer to VENTUS Blue.
- VENTUS TR Black plays stiffer than original VENTUS Black and is best suited for Tour–like swing speeds with very quick/aggressive transitions.
- VENTUS TR Blue is an excellent fitting option not only for players currently playing VENTUS Blue, but also for current VENTUS Black players that are seeking more robust stability with a softened, less “boardy” feel.
- VENTUS TR Red is a strong fitting option for players that are seeking a higher trajectory/spin profile with enhanced stability to maintain consistency. VENTUS TR Red offers a more stout feel than original VENTUS Red.
- Testing showed a majority of players experienced lower spin rates with VENTUS TR models compared to original VENTUS profiles.
- On a simplified bend profile chart, VENTUS TR Blue is listed as “stiff” in the handle section; original VENTUS Blue is listed as “firm” (softer).
- On a simplified bend profile chart, VENTUS TR Red is listed as “stiff” in the mid–section; original VENTUS Red is listed as “firm” (softer).
- All VENTUS TR models are not only excellent fitting options for drivers, but also for fairway metals.
EI Shaft Distribution for all VENTUS TR Models
The following table represents a simplified bend profile for VENTUS TR:
The following table represents simplified bend profiles for all VENTUS Models: